Job opportunities All vacancies
Trade Compliance Manager
Ensure adherence to trade compliance laws in Belgium. This position is responsible for overseeing and leading the planning and daily operations for customs and export compliance for business in Belgium. In conjunction with Head of Global Trade Compliance and Director of Customs Compliance, develop and enhance customs and export compliance requirements for Belgium, in accordance with corporate-wide Global Trade Compliance policies, standards, and processes.
- Oversee and lead the daily operations for customs and export compliance activities.
- Responsible for determination and compliance of Harmonized Tariff Schedule classification.
- Implement and manage compliant duty mitigation and preferential origin programs.
- Manage and conduct reviews, compliance audits, corrective actions, and evaluate customs brokers/agents compliance, and customs brokers/agents metrics.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness in areas that involve customs and export compliance.
- Monitor and provide advice on laws and regulations related to customs and export compliance; determine and communicate the impact of proposed legal and regulatory changes and work with affected stakeholders to determine appropriate response to proposed changes.
- Identify and report to Global Trade Compliance management potential violations of trade compliance laws and weaknesses in processes and procedures.
- Evaluate and assist in implementation of trade compliance tools such as software systems.
- Drive continuous improvement of trade compliance processes for classification, entry operations, reporting requirements, preferential origin agreements and other duty optimization programs, valuation, export licensing and reporting requirements.
- Prepare and deliver training on customs and export compliance requirements to stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong leadership. Interact with government and regulatory authorities as appropriate.
- Perform other duties in support of Global Trade Compliance program.
Key performance indicators
- Best in class customs and export compliance through timely response and resolution to Belgian trade compliance issues.
- Manage functional responsibilities to improve compliance processes and eliminate non-value added activities resulting in a positive impact to financials.
- Manage or support Global Trade Compliance audits. Ensure full overall compliance to internal & external regulations in Belgium leading to successful outcomes with no major incidents and findings.
- Strong collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support expansion of patient access to products through efficient customs and export compliance processes, and training.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Languages: Fluency in Dutch and strong English skills required.
minimum 5 years
Dutch, English, French
Submit your CV
Please submit your CV through the form below and we will contact you shortly.