Job opportunities All vacancies
Medical Affairs Lead Cardio-metabolism
This is the perfect opportunity if you are ready for a leadership role in Medical Affairs!
The Medical Affairs Lead Cardio-metabolism/Medical Manager Cardio (MAL/MM) is a scientific leader for the Medical Department, with the responsibility to define the local medical strategy and to lead the medical projects within the cardiometabolism Therapeutic Area (TA). You will be responsible for the current portfolio and the preparation of a launch in a very dynamic environment.
Besides, you will be responsible for leading a group of Medical Manager(s) and/or Medical Science Liaison(s) (MSL) within cardiometabolism TA, as well as exchange medical and scientific information with key stakeholders.
As MAL/MM you build engagement and relations through collaboration and knowledge by supporting other functions including Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QM, Market Access and Clinical Operations.
The work location is office in Brussels and you will report directly to the local Medical Director in Belgium.
- Develop and maintain network and interact with EE's and other health care professionals, authorities, patient organisations;
- Ensure medical strategic input for the different products in the TA during the full lifecycle (pre-launch/launch/LCM);
- Remain up to speed with key developments within the TA and keep the Brand Team informed on relevant updates/trends;
- Develop training plans in collaboration with Sales and Marketing, including in-field training of sales reps;
- Support Clinical Operations in protocol review, feasibility, investigator meetings and training.
- Collect scientific insights to be integrated into Clinical Development Programs;
- Lead the Medical Manager(s) and/or MSL(s) within the cardiometabolism team, while maintaining medical affairs responsibility for cardiology portfolio. Coach, develop and engage the team;
Ensure external focus of both Medical Managers (50%) and MSLs (80%), defined as training and preparing, facilitating and performing customer facing activities.
Skills and personality
- Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, MD) and / or Master Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of experience in Medical Affairs within the pharmaceutical industry;
- Experience in leading a team is strongly preferred;
- Experience in the Diabetes, Cardiovascular Therapeutic Area is required;
- Excellent command of the Dutch, French and English languages;
- Knowledge of the clinical trial design and process;
- Knowledge of the Health Care System and the pharmaceutical industry;
- Network with national/international Scientific Experts;
- Able to challenge conventional thinking and established practices;
- Pro-active and able to anticipate to future needs and spot new opportunities;
- Willingness to travel regularly (mostly within Belgium);
- Sets high standards and drives results by giving and seeking feedback.
minimum 3 years
Bachelor and/or Master in Pharmaceutical and Biological techniques
Dutch, English, French
Submit your CV
Please submit your CV through the form below and we will contact you shortly.