Job opportunities All vacancies
Head of HR
As a member of the company’s Custom Pak-Distribution Operations Facility Leadership Team the purpose of this role is to act as a Business Partner by developing and executing the People Strategy in support of the overall business priorities of the site. Under leadership of the Global HR Director and Site General Manager this role will improve the organizations’ effectiveness and deliver results on key HR metrics. The HR Manager makes recommendations regarding the maintenance of a good social climate and to preserve management freedom with regard to the legal functioning of third parties.
- Ensure smooth social dialogue with union representatives in daily operations/ad hoc issues
- Prepare monthly union meetings Works Council
- Mediate in interpersonal conflicts
- Timely recruitment of fitting profiles
- Ensure that all hiring/firing activity is strictly within provisions of Belgian law and Global Procedures
- By effective follow up and monitoring of HR Operations, ensures: correct monthly payment of all personnel and maintenance of discrete, up-to-date personnel files
- Make sure that severance payments to avoid legal dispute, are within the law and maximally advantageous to the company
- Support the General Manager Manufacturing Operations & Finance Mgr in developing the annual payroll budget, and a merit increase plan
- Prepare periodical compensation and benefit reviews to protect competitive market position
- Prepare recommendations for talent management and organizational development e.g. reviews, development plans, high potentials, corrective action weak performances
- Ensure proper functioning of selected satellite employee services
- Represent the company in local and/or professional H.R. associations, task forces
- Administrate and manage all union relations (hourly paid and monthly paid) e.g. Works Council, collective agreements, Union Delegation (incl. outside union experts). Participate in Safety & Health Committee and coordinate with the company doctor.
Compensation & benefits
- By effective follow up and monitoring of HR Operations: ensure correct benefits and payroll administration
- Participate in local salary and wage surveys
- Make comp&ben recommendations to line management
- Prepare payroll budget
- Act as internal consultant for all human resources related subjects for the General Manager Manufacturing Operations Belgium and all (multiple division) line managers on site in order to establish an employee relations climate supportive to business results.
Personnel Development & Talent Management
- Assist line managers in defining the talent development and training needs. Monitor process and develop yearly training plan. Administrate the training budget and follow-up training expenses. Keep training documentation and training records.
- Drive (critical positions) succession planning, support line management identifying hipo’s and developing adequate career planning in order to develop future leaders.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts with appropriate management for permanent hires and temps. Recruit high-level positions. Coordinate recruitment budget and expenses.
Office and General Services
- Develop and ensure services favouring employee satisfaction in a cost effective way.
- Monitor budget and expenses for selected General Services.
- Define and manage internal communication processes and develop corresponding tools, aligned with site and corporate communication & employee relations strategy
- Implementation and correct application of the ISO 14001 environmental management system in the own department.
- Responsible for implementation of and compliance to the principles and practices of the company’s Manufacturing Manual at the site.
- As appropriate, responsible for implementation of, compliance to and governance of practices specifically prescribed to this role by the company’s Manufacturing Manual.
Skills and personality
Masters Degree in human resources, additional degree in social law.
Profound knowledge of social legislation and industrial relations practices.
Basic knowledge of computerized administrative systems.
Fluency in Dutch, English and French.
Minimum 10 years experience with exposure in training and recruitment as well as Industrial Relations.
minimum 5 years
Submit your CV
Please submit your CV through the form below and we will contact you shortly.