Job opportunities All vacancies
Patient Access Manager
Reporting directly to the Global HTA, Country Patient Access Lead for Belgium, External Community Engagement & Patient Access Belux, key areas include the following key focus areas and deliverables:
- Strategic and tactical execution with a focus on ensuring the delivery and execution of patient access strategies for all portfolio products within the BeLux according to the values and approaches for timely and sustainable dialogue-based, respectful collaboration with all stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Ensure that country-level plans are developed and delivered in collaboration and alignment with the global patient access plans for each brand;
- Lead, develop, maintain and nurture an effective, integrated team approach to pricing, reimbursement and access as part of a modern approach to pharmaceutical and rare disease commercialisation delivered as a seamless service to the organisation and supporting a learning culture;
- In cooperation with the local Commercial and Medical teams & other PA leads, identify and build effective and strategic relationships with key influencers, HTAs, budget-holders and payers, including pharmacists, clinicians and stakeholders across the BeLux;
- Prepare and submit Health Technology Assessment (HTA) submissions to the relevant bodies in the local regions;
- Working with the support of the Global Patient Access colleagues, adapt Cost-Effectiveness and Budget Impact models for local use and inclusion in HTA submissions;
- Prepare tender submissions to support access for the portfolio;
- Where required, manage external market research / consultancy vendors to support local activities;
- Be an active member of the cross-border Patient Access & Community Engagement team at the broadest level in order to proactively lead, support and drive best-practice sharing with country colleagues; and
- Secure that all business operations are conducted in compliance with all applicable rules, laws and codes, protecting the Company’s interests and minimising or mitigating risks.
Due to the new BeLux structure, and the need to further deepen, develop and deliver on the haemophilia and SC portfolio for the BeLux, there is a requirement to identify and recruit a suitable senior-level, experienced candidate to initiate, develop and execute local patient access activities for the BeLux.
- Appropriate educational background in a relevant area (e.g., life-sciences or finance), ideally at a minimum of graduate level.
- Experience and track record of working within pricing and patient (“market”) access environments managing global brand pricing and strategy, either from similar positions in the pharmaceutical or consultancy environment; and
- Minimum 5-7 years’ relevant professional experience at suitable level of responsibility and accountability.
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English, both oral and written communications; all other languages considered a distinct advantage;
- Excellent communicator;
- Excellent analytical skills, judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated networking capabilities with a track record in building relationships both internally and externally in order to be able to build successes collaboratively, based on understanding of the motivations and desired outcomes of the different stakeholders.
- Open, collaborative approach is essential, due to the cross-functional role; with the ability to effectively enrol and engage with all colleagues towards a shared, cross-functional approach to delivering solutions and outcomes for the benefit of patients and the community;
- A solutions-oriented, open-minded, “can do” attitude with the ability to develop strong collaborations and bring a positive attitude with the ability to operate both a at strategic level as well as a practical, “hands-on” ability to deliver, “leading from behind” where needed;
- Strong self-starting capabilities; personal accountability and ability for personal leadership as part of a cross-functional team, to take responsibility for own work, make sound judgments and maintain a high personal and professional standard;
- Awareness and cross-cultural sensitivity and respect for colleagues in order to effectively engage, both internally and externally, to secure best outcomes for the community;
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker with experience of managing multiple brands, able to prioritise and deliver in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment, keeping the patient interest and collaborative approach at the heart of the work;
- Ability to link long-range visions and strategies to current activity to ensure continued future success for the product portfolio; and
- Highly organised and the ability to multi-task and feel comfortable working on multiple projects within defined timelines.
minimum 5 years
Higher Scientific Degree
Dutch, English, French
Submit your CV
Please submit your CV through the form below and we will contact you shortly.