Job opportunities All vacancies
Consultant Asset Management
The organization’s Asset Management Service is aimed at helping clients resolve environmental liabilities and realize maximum value from their contaminated land challenges. We strive to develop risk-based remediation strategies to protect human health and ecology, satisfy our clients’ business goals and regulatory obligations, and manage their risks and clean up their balance sheets, while controlling costs and managing stakeholder expectations. Our global services include decommissioning, demolition, remediation, risk assessment and redevelopment strategies to help capture value from discontinued operations across the globe.
As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Asset Management service, the organization has a great opportunity for you to join them as a Consultant in Dordrecht. This role is a good mix of office and field/site based work, however we are looking for someone who will not shy away from the site based activities and development opportunities of this role.
A description of your role as Consultant:
- Working in collaboration with other consultants, principal consultants and partners to deliver contaminated site management projects from the investigation until the remediation phase;
- Having the ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines and traveling to client facilities when needed
- Depending on project size, following projects as Project Manager or supporting Senior Project Manager;
- Having good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions;
- Preparing technical reports, documents, and assisting in proposal preparation for future work;
- Depending on former experience and expertise, willingness to travel and stay away from home for short periods (typically
- Coordinating and communicating with client representatives, subcontractors and employees;
- Supervising contractors and undertaking routine monitoring during site investigations and remediation programs;
- Recommending appropriate actions to ensure compliance with all federal and local regulations.
A description of your work as Consultant:
- Planning, implementing, and managing soil and ground water investigation, remediation, turnkey site investigation and environmental construction management projects. Scope areas include site investigation, Phase II environmental assessments, vapour intrusion investigation, Brownfields, Feasibility Studies, Remedial Action Plan, bid documents and technical specifications, pilot testing, and field oversight of remedial/construction/support trade subcontractors;
- Performing regular fieldwork (logging soils, overseeing soil and groundwater sampling, supervising and managing contractors on site);
- Performing health and safety planning and oversight: ensure safety of oneself and team members during project operations;
- Following and monitoring project budgets;
- Producing environmental desk study, site investigation and verification reports by undertaking both office and site based work;
- Office support (data manipulation and presentation, reporting, etc.).
- Our vision as an employer is to be the company that every environmental professional wants to work for, whatever your expertise may be. To meet our vision, we need people who are flexible and can adapt their talent and energy to match changes in the marketplace that impact the work we do for our clients. We pride ourselves on recruiting people who possess the flexibility to grow with the organization, in a way that meets your needs and works with your own personal interests, strengths and passion too. Other skills and experience that fit into this profile as Consultant:
- Professional working experience of 4 to 8 years’ in supporting site investigation, risk assessment or remediation work with exposure to fieldwork supervision in an environmental consultancy;
- You are qualified to a degree level with a BSc and MSc in a combination of any environmental science, hydrology, hydrogeology, geology, geochemistry or chemistry discipline or similar;
- You have knowledge of the Dutch legislation in contaminated site management and remedial techniques;
- You have excellent communication and team working skills;
- It’s an absolute requirement that you are a native Dutch speaker;
- You also have excellent English skills – both verbal and writing;
- You own a driving license (B).
minimum 5 years
Higher Scientific Degree
Submit your CV
Please submit your CV through the form below and we will contact you shortly.