Job opportunities All vacancies
The newly created Operations Manager post is an important service orientated position with a multi-functional aspect. This pivotal role will have responsibility for operations, facilities, maintenance of stadium and training ground, match day stewarding, security and health and safety within both OHL locations.
The OHL Football Club new owners recognize the important contribution over many years made by the volunteers and are committed to retaining their valued passion and enthusiasm. The Operations Manager will work closely with the volunteers to involve them within both OHL facilities.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of OHL stadium and training ground environments, taking care of the day-to-day physical operations and ensuring a seamless, safe and cost- effective operation within both facilities in line with agreed budgets. Working closely with the respected volunteer base is central to the Operations Managers role. Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer this newly created role offers the right candidate a superb opportunity in a thriving and dynamic sports environment.
- Managing day-to-day operations of the OHL stadium and training ground facilities.
- Ensure the stadium is compliant with all licensing standards.
- Prepare stadium facilities for all match and non-match day schedules, event hospitality and conference activity.
- Report to Chief Operating Officer on all operational matters.
- Prepare and manage a comprehensive operational budget.
- Deliver all project activity cost effectively and to the highest standards in conjunction with Senior Operations’ Advisor (volunteer).
- With Security Officer ensure security standards, policies and procedures are in place.
- Evaluate stadium and training ground security operations, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Review security and activities with enforcement, fire and other agencies.
- With Health & Safety Officer establish a primary set of health and safety standards.
- Perform regular Health and Safety audits.
- Managing relationships and activities with the volunteer base.
- Establish a sound working relationship with legal and Leuven council representatives.
- Produce regular monthly reports for COO and CEO review.
- Coordinating, planning and supervising the operational activity of the two OHL locations.
- Manage and direct a team of staff effectively and professionally.
- Ensure the OHL operational activity adheres to agreed budgets.
- Maintain financial controls with suppliers and trades.
- Establish competitive quotations process for cost effective controls of projects and purchases.
- Ensure both facilities are clean and appropriately prepared for match and non-match day usage.
- Maintain stadium and training ground mechanical requirements to an appropriate specification and tolerance.
- Ensure relevant maintenance processes and checks are in place.
- Set and maintain strict health and safety operational standards.
- Keep abreast of changes to Health and Safety legislation in accord with European Belgium Federation requirements.
- Ensure specific health and safety best practice is in place for all visiting staff, fans, clients or event promotion.
- Audit at regular intervals stadium health and safety to ensure good club governance.
- With Security Officer plan, direct and coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests or other OHL property.
- Ensure the appropriate security measures are enforced for match day activity.
- Review security and steward personnel procedure for match and non-match stadium activity.
- Work with volunteers to enhance stewarding best practices for match day.
- Work with LCFC head grounds man to ensure any issues are mutually understood and seasonal targets are agreed for both stadium and training ground pitches.
Experience and skills
- Experience managing a multi-functional department in a highly effective robust manner.
- Must be hands-on, organized and capable.
- Able to work calmly in a demanding environment.
- Excellent time management skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience and expertise in dealing with engineering or technology project assignments.
- Leadership and excellent communication skills are essential.
- A problem solver, decision maker, strategic planner with good business management strengths.
- At least seven years’ experience in a similar role or its equivalent.
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills excel, windows 10, facilities software or Cad systems.
- Understanding of multi-site security management.
- Degree educated or highest Belgium equivalent.
- Possess Facilities Management qualifications or equivalent.
- Health and Safety compliance qualifications.
- Fluent in English.
- Demonstrate a good working ethos, flexible and hardworking.
+- 5 year to 10 years
Submit your CV
Please submit your CV through the form below and we will contact you shortly.