Job opportunities All vacancies
Account Manager Ruminants
The role of the Account Manager (AM) is to create demand and secure sales by delivering and demonstrating the value of the company’s products to veterinarians and dairy farmers. The AM manages a territory through yearly action planning, account planning, effective expense management and appropriate communications consistent with the company’s marketing and sales objectives. Sales territory contacts consist of veterinarians, dairy farmers, nutritionists and channel partner contacts.
Account managers are held accountable for delivering sales results and implementing agreed strategies and plans.
- External focus:
- Execute effective sales calls to dairy vet clinics through focusing on the customer needs & wants that will drive loyalty and maximize sales potential to achieve targets.
- Transfer key messages and scientific information about the company’s products to veterinarians, farmers and key influencers within the designated sales territory through both individual calls as well as through interactive presentations
- Around 90% field time (with vets, farmers and on farm), including some overnights
- Sound technical and practical knowledge of dairy farm processes with a focus on transition and dry cow management and health
- Willing and able to support customers through on farm visits, focusing on transition and dry cow management and health. Comfortable interacting with vets, their farmers and other relevant dairy stakeholders in the territory.
- Business focus: build and maintain business relationships with veterinary customers through delivering high quality customer service
- Report any Pharmacovigilance case and adhere to all policies and procedures of the company
- Internal focus:
- Manage and operate a territory to maximize business potential
- Deliver effective working practices, relationships, record keeping and communications within the company.
- Disciplined reporting of all call reports, territory intelligence and customer information within designed CRM
- Work closely with the technical consultant on the on farm services and in driving solutions to customers
- Pro-actively interact with marketing manager for optimization of client segmentation, targeting and execution of marketing plans
- Education: minimum educational level: Bachelor in Science or Master in Science or a Master in Veterinary Medicine is considered an advantage.
- Demonstrate interest and passion for dairy industry and its stakeholders (vets, farmers, nutritionists, others...)
- Clarity in presenting to customers, managing time/prioritization, able to learn and advance, and team player who is comfortable working across functions.
- Strong business acumen and results driven
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Good influence and leadership skills
- Strong learning agility
- Organizational and implementation skills
- Personal accountability with high initiative and sound work ethics
- Computer literate: MS Office suite
- Able to speak and understand English & French
- Some overnight travel is required
minimum 3 years
Dutch, English, French
Submit your CV
Please submit your CV through the form below and we will contact you shortly.